Are You Anxious about Dental Visits? Sedation Dentistry Helps You Relax and Get the Care You Need
Millions of people have some degree of anxiety about dental visits. For some, it’s a nervous flutter when they pick up the phone to make an appointment. For others, the fear can be so debilitating that they skip dental visits altogether.
Whichever end of the spectrum your anxiety lies, you should know that sedation dentistry in East Aurora may be the solution you need to relax.
Your Dentist Understands Your Concerns
Dentists today are highly sensitive to the needs of nervous patients and want to help you overcome your fear. They understand the consequences of missed appointments and how untreated oral health problems impact your appearance, confidence, and ability to enjoy life.
How Sedation Dentistry Helps
Sedation dentistry calms your nerves so you can get necessary care without stress or worry. At Springbrook Family Dental, we offer comforting nitrous oxide sedation that provides just enough stress relief so you can get the care you need but still be able to carry on with your day after your appointment. Here’s how it works:
- We mix nitrous oxide with oxygen and have you inhale it through a small, comfortable nasal mask.
- Sit back, relax, and breathe normally, and in a few minutes, you will feel happy, drowsy, and slightly euphoric.
- The activity around you seems far away, but you are fully conscious and can respond to your team as needed.
- At the end of your appointment, we switch to full oxygen, so you feel relaxed and refreshed when you leave our office.
- Since the effects of nitrous dissipate quickly, most patients can safely drive themselves home from their appointment.
Please Call Us to Learn More
If you’ve spent a lifetime being fearful about dentistry, Dr. Jennifer Finney and our team would love to talk to you about nitrous oxide and how it can benefit your treatment and long-term oral health.
Please call us to arrange a consultation or ask us about sedation dentistry at your next appointment.